The Milton Youth Lacrosse Girls Skills Development program is for girls in grades 1 & 2.
This program is a great way to introduce girls to lacrosse in a non-competitive environment.
It is a chance to foster a love of the game in a fun way, while teaching the critical skills of women’s lacrosse, including throwing, catching, ground balls, cradling and more!
Registration opens in February. Milton Youth Lacrosse Registration for Grade 1&2 Girls. Registration cost is $120, which includes a Milton Youth Lacrosse practice pinnie and insurance for your daughter
Girls 1st and 2nd Grade Lacrosse Skills Development program starts Friday, March 31st. Practice is held weekly on Friday's, 6:15-7:15pm, at Milton Academy's Upton Field (CHANGED from original/previous location)
There will be 8 sessions in the spring on the following dates:
April 7, 14, 28
May 5, 12, 19
June 2 (June 9 make-up date - to be moved back to Andrew's!)
In the event of a cancelation due to weather, we will announce via email. Field closures will also be posted at www.miltonlacrosse.org in green/yellow/red on the right side of the homepage.
Practices are broken into smaller groups and rotate to different skill stations throughout the practice. The girls will have a chance to scrimmage throughout the session.
Parents interested in volunteering to coach are welcome and encouraged to register and have a chance to learn lacrosse with their girls, no prior lacrosse experience is necessary!!
Milton Youth Lacrosse website will be kept updated information throughout the season as your main source of info. And be sure to update your personal info on the site so that you receive important notifications. If you need support with your account or registration, email
Girls are asked to come to practice ready to play with the required equipment:
- A regulation girl’s or women's lacrosse stick. (*Recommendations below)
- If you're not sure what to get, click on this link for information on How to choose a lacrosse stick for my daughter & options for all levels
- Given how quickly girls are picking up lacrosse, if you think your daughter is going to continue playing for a few years, it is worth investing in a mid-level stick. We'll link to some options and recommendations below, but as a general overview:
- Entry or beginner players looking for a more economical option can find them for around $50, just be careful that stick is actually regulation size (easily hold a tennis ball) and not the smaller fiddle sticks (which look like they would fit a squash ball)
- Beginner and Intermediate players can purchase a good mid-level stick for around $100 - $120
- Mid-high level could run you $150-$240
- Elite or advanced players will likely be looking at sticks that are $250 and up
- Here's a quick video with Tips on buying a girls lacrosse stick.
- Lacrosse goggles. Some of the kids versions are quite small - parent tip - have your daughter try them on before buying. All of the places we list below have goggles.
- Mouth guard.
- Sturdy athletic shoes are a must. We recommend cleats as the fields can get slick with spring weather conditions, but sneakers are fine too.
- Water bottle.
- A positive attitude :-)
* A couple of beginner stick options online, all under $50:
STX LILLY BEGINNER LACROSSE STICK WITH CRUX MESH
Maverik Ascent ST Complete Stick
* If you would prefer to go in person, you can try:
Legit Lacrosse – Really knowledgeable and helpful!! 1112 Washington St, Hanover, MA 02339
Lacrosse Unlimited in Weymouth - Great selection, close by, and people that know lacrosse!!
Monkey Sports in Norwood – Good supply if you know exactly what you’re looking for.
Contacts: Becky Davis
781-844-1413 or Brooke Whelan